Hair Shingling Demo in 5 Steps, with Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding
Happy Monday, Curly Cuties! Here is a fast and simple styling demo to help you get out the door and start the day looking fabulous. Follow this step by step demo, and be prepared to turn heads with your beautiful, bouncy, shingled curls.
What You Will Need:
- Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding
- Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback Treatment
- A Wide-toothed comb
- A Fine-toothed comb
- A spritz bottle filled with water
- A Hairdryer with a flat nose attachment
- If you have just washed your hair, I suggest deep conditioning hair with Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback Treatment prior to styling, as this will facilitate stretching out short curls and coils in the final steps. Leave Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback Treatment in hair for 30 minutes, comb through hair to detangle, rinse out, and begin the shingling process while hair is damp. If you are working from dry hair, with the water filled spritz bottle, spray hair until damp. Comb through hair with the wide-toothed comb, removing all tangles.
- To Shingle: With the fine-toothed comb, take a tiny section of hair and comb a tiny amount of Curly Pudding through it, from roots to ends. Clump the hair in this small section together, so that the hair is not stringy and begin smoothing hair, by holding it between your forefinger and middle finger, sort of in a scissoring effect, gliding fingers in a downward motion from roots to ends. This smoothing process, or shingling, will massage the product into the hair, while simultaneously sculpting your natural curl.
- Repeat this Shingling process throughout the rest of your curls. Be sure to continue using the spritz bottle to keep the hair damp, as you distribute the product throughout your hair.
- Dry hair completely, preferably under a hooded dryer, for about a half hour, depending on the length of your hair.
- Once hair has completely dried, increase the length by blasting the roots with the handheld dryer, and stretch out hair one small section at a time.