What are the Best Oils to Grow Hair?
What are the Best Oils to Grow Hair?
For anyone trying to grow healthier, stronger hair, you know how important having the right products is.
Hair oils are excellent for improving your hair quality, nurturing the health of your scalp, and so much more. The best oils to grow your hair with offer a variety of benefits that promote greater overall hair health, moisture, and long-term protection.
In this article, we take you through the specifics of the best oils to make your hair grow. Plus, we cover the many benefits of oils for your hair to know about.
Keep reading to discover what hair oils you should be using!
Can You Use Oil to Grow Hair?
Though it is known best for its use in the culinary world, oils have a long history as beauty products. Oil can be incredibly beneficial for your hair health and help to promote hair growth by:
Nourishing the Scalp: Scalp health has a major role to play in hair growth. When using oil to grow your hair, the oil you choose can be used to massage the scalp and stimulate blood circulation around the hair follicles. This helps to create a healthy scalp environment where hair growth is promoted and encouraged.
Boosting Hair Moisture: Certain oils are great for adding extra moisture to your hair thanks to their ability to penetrate the hair shaft and assist in moisture retention. By increasing your hair’s moisture, not only can you use oil to grow hair but also to improve the appearance of your hair as well. Well-moisturized hair is often silkier and shinier, as well as softer to the touch.
Reducing Damage & Breakage: One of the biggest challenges that can prevent hair growth is damage. If you use heat on your hair or low-quality shampoos and conditioners, your hair can become damaged over time, inhibiting your hair growth. Using oils to make your hair grow helps to give your hair a protective layer that can reduce damage and breakage.
While it can be highly beneficial to use oils to make your hair grow, it is important to note that hair products are only one part of the equation. Factors like your genetics, physical health, and hair care practices can all impact your hair’s ability to grow.
When using oil to grow hair, make sure to take these additional factors into account as well. By reducing your use of harsh hair products and heat, as well as by eating a balanced diet, you can optimize the results of using oils to make your hair grow.
The 5 Best Oils to Grow Your Hair
When it comes to what oils can be used to make your hair grow, there are several options to choose from.
Choosing which oil to grow hair with can depend on your personal preferences and hair needs. More than likely, some experimentation will be needed to determine the best oils to grow your hair with.
Here are five of the best hair oils to consider adding to your hair care routine:
- Mafura Oil
Mafura oil is derived from Trichilia emetica seeds (also called the African Mafura tree) and is commonly found in the southern region of Africa. Though it was once one of Africa’s best-kept hair care secrets, mafura oil is now gaining global popularity for its ability to promote hair health.
The key benefits of mafura oil include the following:
- Moisturization: Mafura oil is rich in essential fatty acids, such as oleic acid and linoleic acid, which can help moisturize the hair and scalp.
- Scalp Health: Mafura oil contains antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help promote a healthy scalp and support optimal conditions for hair growth.
- Nutrients: Mafura oil is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, such as vitamin E and flavonoids, that nourish the hair follicles to produce strong and vibrant hair.
- Damage Protection: Mafura oil has emollient properties that help protect the hair from damage caused by environmental and lifestyle factors, supporting hair growth by preventing breakage.
- Argan Oil
Argan oil is made from the kernels of the argan tree, also called the Argania Spinosa. This oil has long been a staple in the hair care industry thanks to its well-known benefits for hair growth and health.
One of the biggest benefits of Argan oil is that it is rich in antioxidants, omega-9 fatty acids, and vitamin E. All of these nutrients play vital roles in helping to nourish and moisturize the hair, as well as to:
- Tame and reduce frizziness
- Add shine and visual quality
- Protect against damage and breakage
- Improve hair elasticity
Additionally, Argan oil offers anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that are essential for your hair and scalp health.
- Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is derived from the seeds of the jojoba plant, also known as Simmondsia Chinensis. This oil is popular for hair care due to its close resemblance to a substance naturally produced by our sebaceous gland known as sebum that helps to moisturize and protect the skin.
The similarity of jojoba oil and sebum makes this oil an excellent choice for promoting and improving scalp health, as well as:
- Helping to balance natural oil production
- Offer better moisturization and conditioning
- Unclog the hair follicles to remove excess sebum, debris, or other buildup
- Essential Oils
Essential oils are made from highly concentrated plant extracts. These oils are best known for their use in aroma therapy but can also be an excellent addition to your hair care routine.
Each essential oil has its own unique chemical makeup that can offer different effects. Let’s take a look at some of the best effects for hair growth and the essential oils that offer these effects:
- Scalp Stimulation: Rosemary oil, peppermint oil, and lavender oil can help to promote blood circulation, improving the blood flow to hair follicles and promoting growth.
- Anti-Inflammation: Tea tree oil and chamomile oil can help to alleviate specific scalp conditions that can inhibit growth, like dandruff and inflammation.
- Antimicrobial Properties: Tea tree oil, lavender oil, and thyme oil exhibit antimicrobial properties that help to prevent and combat infections on the scalp.
- Stress Reduction: Lavender oil and rose oil have stress-reducing properties that help to lower your overall stress levels and prevent hair loss from extreme or recurring stress.
Using essential oils for hair growth often requires you to dilute the oil before use. Dilution can be achieved with water or by mixing in a few drops of essential oil with carrier oil.
- Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is easily one of the most well-known oils for hair growth. Extracted from the meat and kernels of the coconut fruit, coconut oil is an excellent choice for improving your hair quality and promoting a healthier scalp and moisture levels.
When using coconut oil to grow hair, you can enjoy benefits like:
- Reduced frizz
- Protection from environmental factors
- Antimicrobial properties
- Reduced protein loss
Buy Top-Quality Mafura Oil from Miss Jessie’s
If you are ready to find the best oils to grow your hair with, visit Miss Jessie’s online store today.
Miss Jessie’s Mafura Oil is designed to help promote hair growth and overall hair health, providing long-lasting moisture and damage reduction. This product also contains argan oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and plant extracts.Start growing stronger hair today with Miss Jessie’s top-quality hair care products!